The Book of Whispers is something more than just an art book. It's a means to foretell the future or, better yet, receive your magical message you need to hear just by opening it to a random page. Based on the old form of divination, the bibliomancy, I decided to create a "deck" in the form of a book.
The Book of Whispers divination art book contains a selection of work I've created over the last five years. While being a designer for 12 years now, it was only five years ago that I genuinely touched the core of how I see the world and how I want to express myself in it. While a difficult task, I've selected my best 200 celestial, mystical and magical-themed works out of the 600+ I've created during these years.
Bibliomancy is an ancient method of divination where you use the pages and passages from a book to attain spiritual knowledge or guidance. Its origins lie in the Ancient Roman as early as 2 BC, which involved using the texts of Homer and Virgil to predict the future, with Jewish scholars using the Torah, and it can also be traced in the Chinese culture with the I Ching.
The word Bibliomancy is derived from the Greek "biblio," meaning book, and "mancy," or "manteia" which translates to oracle, divination or from "mantis", which is the one who divines, a seer, prophet.
- 500 pages (250 leaves).
- 200 Illustrations & 200 Messages.
- 20 x 28cm. · 7.87 x 11.02 in.
- Hardcover with gold foil.
- All the text is written in English.
- 22 Illustrated borders, one for each Tarot Arcana Archetype, decorating the message page and interchanging throughout the book.
- Illustrations designed by Cocorrina (Corina Nika) with the name of the artwork and year of creation.
- Printed on high quality, 150gsm art paper.
- Yes and No quick answers on every Whisper page